Meet the author!

 

Hi, I’m Natalia Wawrzyńczak, and I’m from Poznań in Poland. I love learning foreign languages – I can speak English, Norwegian, and a little bit of Finnish. I wish I could have more time to learn German and French.

Reading has always been my way to escape reality. I read reportages and popular science books, but when I’m upset, YA Fantasy is my go-to genre. I’m not a fan of passionate romances or smut.

3 years ago, I went through many health issues and mobbing at work, and I decided it was time to stand on the other side of the process and, instead of reading, write my own book. So I crafted a beautiful and complex fairytale world that you can enjoy in Tabula Smaragdina.

My favorite quote: no tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.

My only published book is a YA portal fantasy novel, but I also have 2 ongoing contemporary projects.

I translated my book myself and edited it with the support of a retired English literature professor of Chicago Illinois college. He was my mentor, my creative writing advisor, and my grammar and punctuation police 😊

My favorite authors? Bill Bryson, Holly Black, Juliet Marillier.

 

Comments

Popular Posts